MARY SMITHSON HUTTO
Welcome to the Muscle Pain Relief Stretch System. For over 35 years, it has been my mission as a Physical Therapist, to educate as many clients as I can; Explaining how easy it can be to get rid of most Muscle Pain.
– Many people suffer from Muscle Pain caused by very common Muscle Shortening. This can be easily resolved by correctly stretching the involved Muscles out, back to a natural or “Neutral” state.
– From years of experience I have been able to find and focus on what I have found to be a successful, reproducible formula, to help people reduce Muscle Pain quickly.
– Tight Muscles cause pain. Preventing injuries and treating injuries is actually very straight forward when we look at how the body breaks down and how it repairs itself. Inflammation needs to be avoided and circulation needs to be increased.
– Everything presented here is backed and proven by long standing, ever improving Medical Science.
– Stretches are a tool of the Orthopedic world and are an important part of rehabilitation. The Pain Relief Stretches offered here are different from most of the available stretches. This is a series of progressions, of uniquely designed stretches, that help regain mobility and proper posture.
– There are many other effective Stretching techniques, but I find this system very easy to do, the stretches can be done anywhere at any time, are safe for the spine and give quick results. This is a system based on Orthopedic Science, specifically targeting the problem, without causing stress to the Spine. Stretches that involve bending at the waist or twisting at the spine can be harmful, especially if that person has any Spinal damage.
– The Pain Relief Stretching System helps to get Muscles and Joints back to a safe, “NEUTRAL” position. Increasing circulation like walking, should be done before any athletic activity. Stretching should be done after any physical/athletic activity, to disperse lactic acid buildup and maintain mobility.
I have worked in the Sports Medicine field for over 40 years and am also an athlete. I also use this system to keep me doing the sports that I love.
Physical Therapists are part of a medical team, working closely with Physicians, to help restore a patient’s Health and Well-being.
“What Are Physical Therapists?
Physical therapists (PTs) are highly-educated, licensed health care professionals who can help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility, in many cases without expensive surgery and often reducing the need for long-term use of prescription medications and their side effects.
Physical therapists can teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition, so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles.
Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State license is required in each state in which a physical therapist practices.”
From: the American Physical Therapy Association www.apta.org/aboutpts
There are many areas that a Physical therapist can specialize in, such as geriatrics or pediatrics.
– I specialize in “hands on” Out Patient Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Physical Therapy, which focuses on disorders or injuries that affect our Muscles, Bones, Joints and Spinal column.
– My goal, like other Physical Therapists, is to reduce or eliminate every patient’s pain, help to restore mobility, improve posture and help with the rehabilitation of injuries.
– The focus then goes on to educating patients on how to prevent, reduce and even eliminate their Muscle pain through stretching.
MAUKA PHYSICAL THERAPY, INC
THE Muscle Pain Relief Stretching System presented by STRETCH AWAY MUSCLE PAIN, LLC is the result of Mary’s many years of successful work with her Mauka Physical Therapy patients.
The Muscle Pain Relief Stretching System is unique and gives breakthrough results.
This system is a series of upper and lower body Stretches, that help to safely regain mobility, without injuring the Spine.
Many popular Stretches that have you bend at the Waist, or twist your Spine, can cause Disc degeneration. Following this Stretch system is a good first step before starting or resuming former athletic activities.
The Muscle Pain Relief Stretching System gets the Joints back to a “neutral” state, by regaining lost Muscle length and Joint mobility. It is important to avoid Strengthening exercises of any kind before regaining full Joint mobility; or you may risk further pain, degeneration and Muscle weakness.
The Muscle Pain Relief Stretching System animations, when practice consistently and properly, can help to decrease or permanently eliminate most Muscle Pain.
– These Stretches lengthen the Muscles that are causing the Muscle Pain, or indirectly causing poor posture, contributing to the Pain.
– Regaining Muscle length and Joint mobility is the goal.
– These “safe” Stretches not only eliminate most Muscle pain, but also help prevent further degeneration in the Spine, Joints and Soft tissues.
StretchAwayMusclePain.com is owned by Mary Smithson Hutto, BS, MS, RPT, AT, LMT. Since 1992, Mary has owned her own private practice, Physical Therapy clinic in Kula, Maui, Hawaii, called MAUKA PHYSICAL THERAPY. She specializes in “hands on” Physical Therapy called Myofascial Re-posturing. By combining Myofascial Release, PNF and her unique Stretching program, she can permanently eliminate most muscle pain. She uses the Muscle Pain Relief Stretching System successfully, every day in her clinic, to help patients become pain free. She works closely with Maui’s Physicians to restore Health and Well-Being to her patients.